Here’s a recipe I came up with because I wanted to add more vegetables into my diet. It’s super simple and tasty! I’m cooking for only myself. But you can double the ingredients for more servings. You can also use frozen vegetables if you want to save time.
This recipe was intended to feed 1 person, but can easily feed 2 people with smaller plates. The whole recipe is approximately 300 calories (weighed all my ingredients and calculated).
- 1/4 chopped onions
- 2 medium sized mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 50g of pre-cooked chicken strips (I weigh mine, but you can eyeball it and add as much or little chicken as you want)
- 2 tbsp bruschetta in a jar
- 1/2 cup rotini pasta (I used whole wheat)
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Once water is boiling, add rotini and carrots.
- In a frying pan, add a small amount of olive oil and saute onions and mushrooms.
- Once pasta and carrots are tender, strain them and add to the onions and mushrooms
- Throw in the pre-cooked chicken strips and the 2 tablespoonfuls of bruschetta. (if the chicken strips are frozen or cold, keep the stove on low and cook for a few minutes until warmed).
So, this is my first recipe that I’ve written, so if you have any questions or if something is unclear, please feel free to respond to this post!
Here are the products I used: