So, I’ve been pinning a lot of seasonal crafts lately, and have been seeing a LOT of mason jar crafts. Everything from candle holders to planters. They are very multi-purpose. I decided to try my hand at making some snow man luminaries.
What you’ll need:
- acrylic paint (white, black, orange)
- mason jar
- different sizes of paint brushes (you may choose to use a sponge brush to paint the base coat).
How to create:
- coat your mason jar completely with white acrylic paint, and let dry (I let mine sit for an hour)
- apply a second coat of white acrylic paint and let dry
- decide where you want the eyes, nose and mouth. It might be helpful to practice drawing it on a piece of paper until you decide what style you want them to be.
- use a finer brush to carefully paint the eyes, nose and mouth, and let dry
- add finer detail and outline any features (I added detail to the carrot nose)
- paint the lid black, as a hat
- You can also add fabric (like a scarf), buttons for the eyes and mouth, and you can really play around with it to make it your own
- as a safety precaution, I decided to use flickering LED lights